Friday, November 6, 2009

Today, I discovered TextBroker.

I signed up awhile ago, but I've been kind of lazy with it. Something about the idea of ghostwriting just didn't appeal to me; I like to receive full credit for my work, good OR bad. Then I saw how easy the requested articles were, so I decided to go ahead and write a few. I wrote 4 articles in less than 1.5 hours, and that was with my daughter reading her entire 100 page joke book to me (and I usually don't do well with distractions; I'm one of those people who freaks out because the person next to me in the library won't stop tapping his foot while I'm trying to read my book).

So anyway, I wrote 4 articles today, and made $9.28. That might not sound like much, but they were VERY short articles that required no research. One of the articles was only 250 words, and none of them were more than 450. As of right now, this is word number 147 (well, the word "number" was #147, which just kind of messes with my brain a bit). That means one of my articles was all of 3 paragraphs.

If ghostwriting is your thing, sign up for Textbroker HERE. They pay twice a month via PayPal, and you can request payout once you reach $10. There are hundreds of articles available at any given moment, and people can also contact you directly to request an article.

As far as writing articles that I actually get credit for goes, today was a great day on EHow! I earned exactly $2.00 in residual income for my articles, which is not bad at all. If you don't already write for EHow, I totally recommend it. I make more in one day on EHow than I do in one month on Epinions sometimes, which is funny, because I have 72 articles on Epinions and 27 articles on EHow. It's all about the key words, baby!

Speaking of working from home, I became a Title QA for Demand Studios (the people who own EHow) a week or two ago. I average $10 to $20 per hour on there, and never run out of work. I heard they might start offering health insurance to freelancers soon, so I'm crossing my fingers. I've had the flu for like 2 weeks, and it's been terrible. Not sure whether or not it's the H1N1, but whatever it was, it sucks. I can't get health insurance on my own; I was denied by Aetna and Blue Cross Blue Shield (I'm too "high risk"), and I make too much to qualify for Medicaid.

Before I go, here's a holiday article to get you in the Christmas spirit:
Cheap Christmas Gift Ideas

No comments: